He is the director of the Urology Department at Ichilov Medical Center.
Urologic Oncology (bladder cancer, kidney cancer, testicular cancer, prostate cancer), brachytherapy. He is an expert in the field of surgery, hormone therapy, and brachytherapy for prostate cancer. Moreover, he specializes in the treatment of benign prostate hyperplasia.
Hebrew University (1971-1977), Tel Aviv University (Department of Urology, diploma cum laude).
- 1984-1989 - general urology at Ichilov Medical Center.
- 1990-1992 - urological oncology at hospitals in the USA, Miami and Memphis.
Clinical work experience:
- Head of the Epidemiology Department, Army Health Branch, Israel Defence Force.
- The senior doctor at Urology Department of Ichilov Medical Center.
- University of Tennessee, College of Medicine, Department of Urology.
- Clinical Research Fellowship in Urologic Oncology.
- Senior urologist at Ichilov MC.
- Tel-Aviv Medical Center, Deputy Director for Research & Development.
- Ichilov Hospital, Tel-Aviv Medical Center, Director, Department of Urology.
Tel-Aviv University, Sackler School of Medicine - Professor of Surgery (Urology).
136 scientific articles, 26 analytical articles. Professor Haim Matzkin is a co-author of several academic publications.
Membership in professional organizations:
- The Israeli Medical Association.
- Israeli Association of Urology.
- U.S. Association of Urology.
- European Association of Urology.
- Israeli Association for the prevention of cancer (board member).
- The selection committee on urological training (board member).
- Israeli Association of Urology (secretary and treasurer).
- Israel Advisory Anti-Cancer Committee.
- Advisory Committee under the Israeli Ministry of Health, on the topic of BPH (secretary).
- Vice president of research and scientific development at Ichilov MC.