Lymphoma is a group of cancer diseases that affect the lymphatic system. There are about 30 types of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma.
Diagnosis of lymphoma in Israel
Diagnostic program in the treatment of lymphoma in Israel may include following types of surveys:
- Patient intake, including family medical history.
- Physical examination - examination of enlarged lymph nodes of the neck, groin, liver and spleen check.
- Blood tests.
- X-ray investigation;
- Biopsy: A biopsy may be done by one of two methods - completely removed lymph node or part of the lymph node is removed. The doctor examines tissue samples for the presence of malignant cells. On the basis of this analysis are defined lymphoma type and the degree of aggressiveness.
- Computer tomography - is suitable for neck, head, abdomen and pelvis, chest cavity lymphomas. CT thoroughly studied the tumor and surrounding organs and tissues.
- MRI and PET-CT show the spread of a malignant process.
- Puncture biopsy and bone marrow tumor cells checks.
What determines the prognosis of lymphoma treatment in Israel
International Prognostic Index (IPI) is used to predict tumor growth and the effectiveness of therapy, taking into account the 5 factors.
Favorable prognostic factors:
- Age at least 60 years.
- Stages of lymphoma: I and II.
- The absence of secondary malignant process.
- Good general health.
- The normal level of LDH (lactate dehydrogenase).
The high level of Israeli doctors, access to the latest technology and discoveries, the use of modern equipment will lead to a positive result. Specialists made the individual and effective therapeutic program.
The price of lymphoma treatment in Israel is discussed individually, so we can not specify any fixed prices. We can guarantee that you will undergo treatment at official prices of the best clinics in the country. We, will organize a package of logistics services for you.
Treatment of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma
Based on a thorough diagnosis treatment takes into account the following factors:
- type of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma;
- stage of the disease;
- the degree of aggressiveness of the tumor;
- the patient's age;
- the presence of chronic pathologies.
Treatment of non-aggressive lymphoma
In slowly progressive, non-aggressive lymphoma may not be necessary to begin treatment immediately. Very often specialists suggest method called "watchful waiting": the patient is under medical supervision, and treatment begins when the symptoms of disease appeared. It can be used chemotherapy, biotherapy.
Chemotherapy has detrimental effect on cancer cells, stops or slow down tumor growth, reduces the symptoms. In Israel lymphoma treatment is made on an outpatient basis, i.e. there is no need to be in the hospital, the treatment is assigned several cycles for 3-4 weeks. At the same time are successfully used the following drugs:
- CHOP scheme: Cyclophosphamide (Cytoxan), Vincristine (Oncovin), Рrednisone, Doxorubicin (Adriamycin).
- Сhlorambucil, Etoposide, Fludarabine.
- CVP scheme: Cyclophosphamide (Cytoxan), Vincristine (Oncovin), Рrednisone.
Chemotherapy for the treatment of lymphoma in Israel is assigned intravenously, orally, or through cerebrospinal injection.
Biological therapy boosts the immune system. Monoclonal antibodies are effective, they penetrate into the membrane of cancer cells and inhibit its ability to multiply and divide.
In addition to these types of manipulations can be recommended therapeutic conducting radiotherapy on the area affected by a malignant process in order to reduce or destroy tumors after surgery.
Treatment of aggressive lymphoma
Mostly is performed combination therapy: chemotherapy, biological, radiation therapy. In case of relapse of the disease can be assigned high-dose chemotherapy and / or radiation therapy with stem cell transplantation.
Because high doses of the above treatments destroy not only lymphoid cells but also healthy, is appointed stem cell transplantation procedure which helps to achieve the recovery of the bone marrow.
To control pain and stress are used some types of alternative medicine, including massage, meditation, behavioral therapy. Equally important is the maintenance of physical activity and a balanced diet during the treatment, in spite of the fatigue, weakness and loss of appetite in patients.
Patients with advanced stages of the disease take part in clinical trials of innovative experimental treatment of lymphoma in Israel.
Coordination Center «Isramedic» will select the best specialist in the treatment of this disease, and the appropriate clinic. All necessary information you can find out by calling the phone numbers listed or contact center specialists through a request form.