Dr. Svetlana Zalmanova is oncologist radiotherapist, her clinical experience is thirty-five years.
She is the head of the Institute of Radiotherapy and radiosurgery at Assuta Medical Center.
Doctor Zalmanova Speciality
- Brachytherapy and innovative methods of teleirradiation
- Oncology of female genitals and urinary system
- Oncology of the rectum
- Oncology of the maxillofacial area, tongue, mouth, salivary glands.
- Thyroid tumors
Education and training
Dr. Svetlana Zalmanova graduated from the Moscow Medical Institute. Then, she greatly increased the skills and deepened her education:
She took the specialty at British radiotherapy center and Copenhagen Hospital (Denmark).
Also she took complete training at:
- The refresher courses at the European Radiology and Oncology Community (Holland) in the field of radiotherapy.
- The refresher courses at the European Radiology and Oncology Community in the field of radiotherapy and oncology in Portugal (target radiotherapy).
- The refresher courses at the European Radiology and Oncology Community, in the field of innovative methods of brachytherapy (Slovenia)
- Courses at the European Community of Medical Oncology in the field of oncology (Munich, Germany).
- Courses in the field of usage the medical equipment Phillips (Cleveland, USA).
Membership in professional associations
- European Community of Clinical Oncology and Radiology
- American Society of Clinical Oncology and Radiology
- Israeli Association of Clinical Oncology and Radiotherapy
Svetlana Zalmanova also is engaged in research activities and publishes reports and works in the field of radiology.