Dr. Shalom Michowitz is one of the leading experts in the field of pediatric neurosurgery. Professor is the head of neurosurgical department in one of the most modern medical centers in Israel. This clinic is called Schneider Children’s Medical Center. One of its main branches is neurosurgery. The prices in this sector are always reasonable because of high-quality services and professionalism of doctors. Dr. Shalom Michowitz is considered to be a great expert in the field of microsurgical removal of tumors of the brain and spinal cord, including complex operations on the brain stem.
Dr. Shalom Michowitz worked as a teacher at Faculty of Medicine named after Sackler, Tel Aviv University.
Dr. Shalom Michowitz is the head of Children's neurosurgery department at leading Israeli Rabin Medical Center, which employs the best neurosurgeons of Israel.
Areas of activity include neurosurgical treatment of such diseases and developmental abnormalities as Shotchen cranial pathology, Apret and Cruzan, craniosynostosis, and also Arnold-Chiari syndrome. In addition, Dr. Shalom Michowitz is engaged in microsurgical treatment of ependymomas, astrocytomas, craniopharyngioma, teratoma, Hermine, medulloblastomas, pineoblastoma and other cancer brain pathologies. The main specialization of Professor Michowitz is Neurosurgery. Also specialist treats pathologies such as syringomyelia, spasticity, Bifid Back and hydrocephalus
- Preoperative assessment and follow-up examination of patients after neurosurgical operations
- Conducting the patients of neurooncological profile together with other experts in the field of oncology and neurology, with neurosurgeons in Israel
- Operations after traumatic brain injury
- Correction of congenital malformations of the spine and skull
- Removal of brain, spinal cord and peripheral nervous system cancer
- Endoscopic manipulation of hydrocephalus or with the help of CSF shunting