Oncology is considered as one of the most popular areas of Israeli medicine. The diagnostics and cancer treatment in Israel is carried out in accordance with all international standards and establishes itself as a leading choice in terms of quality and efficiency.
Diagnostics of cancer in Israel
Innovative equipment helps experienced doctors to find the reliable and accurate diagnoses disease. All medical centers in Israel are equipped with modern technologies. The diagnostic methods, which are used in the cancer treatment in Israel, include a whole range of researches.
- 1. Methods of laboratory tests: blood and urine for the general and additional tests, including tests for cancer-specific markers that are needed when planning the treatment. Besides, there is also Circulationg Tumor Cells analyze which is made to help to detect cancer at the cellular level;
- 2. MRI is the safe method of oncology research, which gives the possibility to obtain three-dimensional images of the organ structure. Besides, it is used to test the usefulness of the prescribed therapy;
- 3. The researches at the genetic level (e.g., cytogenetic) allow us to find the percent probability of getting cancer;
- 4. Isotope scanning the patient's body makes it possible to create the image and find the metastasis in the skeleton bones. A radioactive substance is injected intravenously before the procedure and accumulates in places where the metastases are placed;
- 5. Endoscopic methods of investigation: gastroscopy, colonoscopy, laparoscopy, cystoscopy, etc. allow us to determine the stage of the disease. It helps also to take the centesis tissue for further histopathological research, which is needed for the treatment therapy. Anesthesia is used to carry out these diagnostic procedures. It is necessary to say that in Israeli clinics there are gentle methods of diagnostics - virtual colonoscopy for large intestine research and video capsule "Given imaging" for the researches of the gastrointestinal tract, which may replace intubation;
- 6. Ultrasound and X-ray diagnostic methods. Until now, these techniques are used before the selection of the cancer treatment in Israel. For example: in some cases, the liver ultrasound on the early stages of breast cancer is performed to discard the possibility of the presence of metastasis. Thorax X-ray can detect lung cancer at secondary and advanced stages;
- 7. PET-CT is the newest technology, which includes two types of scanner: computer tomography and emission tomography. The first type establishes the precise localization of the tumor, and the second type of tomography detects the smallest tumor growths. This research is used in almost all forms of cancer and it is performed to select the treatment strategy, or to monitor the effectiveness of the therapy;
- 8. Biopsy is a method for diagnostics of cancer, which allows examining the histological structure of pathogenic formation. Typically, the procedure is performed under CT or ultrasound control. It is important method of research without which it is impossible to start cancer treatment in Israel.
Oncologists, neuro-oncologists, gynecological oncologists, radiologists, surgeons, and other specialists consults the patients. The diagnostic examination, on average, takes from three to five days. Medical center "Isramedic" can provide an approximate cost of cancer diagnostics in Israel using the most efficient equipment.
Cancer Treatment in Israel
Thanks to the modern equipment and high professionalism of doctors it is possible to carry out a wide range of the cancer treatment, such as:
- Neuroendocrine tumor;
- Stomach oncology;
- Throat Oncology;
- Bones Oncology;
- Intestinal tract Oncology;
- Uterus carcinoma;
- Skin Oncology;
- Hepatic carcinoma;
- Sigmoid colon cancer;
- Esophagus oncology;
- Nephros oncology;
- Breast carcinoma;
- Carcinoma of lung;
- Urocyst tumor;
- Mouth oncology;
- Testes Oncology;
- Pancreatic cancer;
- Carcinoma of the prostate;
- Ovarian cancer;
- Carcinoma of the salivary gland;
- Thyroid gland oncology.
Different methods of cancer treatment are used in medical centers in Israel.
The chemotherapeutic treatment of cancer in Israel supposes the therapy with the usage of special medicines. Thus, it includes cytotoxic medicines, violating the breeding process of the pathogenic cells. The advantage of this method of the treatment lies in the fact that chemotherapeutic drugs migrate throughout the body. Chemotherapy is performed, as a rule, as an additional method, after surgery or radiotherapy to destroy remaining pockets of cancer. Nevertheless, this type of therapy has a number of well-known negative effects.
In the case of pediatric oncology, chemotherapy is the main method of the treatment, as precisely selected protocols and the latest scientific developments may effectively have an impact on the malignant tissues, and also do the minimum possible harm to the body.
Target-therapy is considered as the latest high technique methodic in the cancer treatment in Israel. Getting into the target molecules and destroying processes, which are necessary to sustain tumor, active immunotherapeutic substances destroy pathogenic cells. It should be noted that this type of therapy is gentle and do the minimal harm to healthy tissues.
Typically, surgical interference is determined on the basis of the type of cancer tumor growth, its location in the body and generalization of the malignant process, the stage of cancer. Such aspects as patient's age and the health status during the treatment are also considered. The radical surgery is used, as well laparoscopic, abdominal and conservative surgery.
Radiotherapy (radiation therapy) involves the usage of X-rays or other types of ionizing radiation, which damages DNA of cancer cell, and eliminates the possibility of its further development. The latest techniques of irradiation are used for radiotherapy: SBRT and IGRT, particularly in lung oncology, pancreas, spinal and head tumors. In addition, the procedure of IMRT (modular intensive radiotherapy) is also used, which allows perform true and efficient radiation exposure with the possibility of adjusting the level of radiation.
Hormone therapy involves the usage of anti-hormonal and hormonal drugs. In particular this method is used in the treatment of the reproductive system cancer: uterine cancer, ovarian, breast, testicular and prostate cancer. Hormone therapy is used as a preventive or as an additional therapy after surgery. It may be assigned to reduce the size of the tumor tissue. Also hormone therapy may be recommended in situations where the tumor is inoperable and only the palliative treatment may be used to prolong life.
At each stage of cancer treatment in Israel immunotherapy may be assigned to perform the following tasks: as the preventive measure to prevent the backset, the antitumor effect. It also helps to reduce the impact of side effects of other treatments, prevention and elimination of the infections that often arise during oncology treatment.
Bone marrow transplantation
Thanks to the bone marrow transplantation, the normal functioning of the hematopoietic system is recovering, which appears as the effective treatment for the majority of hematological diseases. In addition, bone marrow transplantation is practiced in oncology of breast, testes and ovaries.
In addition to all of the above methods, there are used other effective methods of treatment: HIFU method, brachytherapy, radioactive iodine, cryotherapy, etc.
Unfortunately complete recovery is impossible at some stages of cancer. Therefore, in some cases, the doctors resort to palliative treatment of oncology in Israel. The main purpose of it is to prolong and improve the quality of patient’s life.
Coordinating Center «Isramedic» is ready to assist in the organization of cancer treatment in Israel: we will find the specialized clinics, provide top oncologists and the domestic support during the entire treatment period. All questions in which you are interested in (about the cost of services, diagnostics, treatment, rehabilitation and staying in Israel), you can ask to the skilled center specialists by e-mail, through the request form or call the specified phone numbers, which you can see on the site.